At Printerbase we are committed to our customers privacy and security and above all, maintaining our customers trust and confidence.
Our Data Protection Officer’s details are below should you have any concerns or questions:
0800 170 7234
Britannia House, Hertford Street
This policy was last updated 28/09/2018.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you register for an account on our website or place an order we store the following information:
Company Name (only if you provide one)
In order to comply with the Consumer Right Act 2015 we retain your data for a period of 6 years after your last order was placed.
Why 6 Years?
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have a maximum of 6 years to bring a claim against us for faulty goods, hence we will need to retain your information for this period. Read more about the Consumer Rights Act on Which’s website.
We will retain your purchase history for no more than 6 years for the reasons as above. We will also use this information to market to you offers and promotions that we feel are of Legitimate Interest to you, this may be by email, post or telephone, at all times you have the ability to opt out of this marketing. Please email email@example.com and we will opt you out.
Credit Cards Details
We do not store any of your credit card details ourselves; credit card processing and storage is all handled by our provider www.sagepay.co.uk
How Do We Use Your Data?
We use your data for these purposes:
• monitoring visits to our site
• selling you our products and services
• delivering your orders
• sending you order updates and receipts/invoices
• marketing by email, post or telephone
• market research
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We may share your data with the following people:
• Distributors for the purpose of sending you your order
• Couriers for delivery of your order
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Personal Data
The normal legal basis of collecting and processing our customers personal data is that of Legitimate Interest for Printerbase which includes:
• selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
• promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
• sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
• handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Under the GDPR you have the following rights as an individual, these include:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
For more information on your rights see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
• email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
• let us have enough information to identify you
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them